Mission & Vision

Our History

ERBC was established in 1947, being incorporated successively as Bethel Baptist Church, Parkallen Baptist Church, Lansdowne Baptist Church and now Ellerslie Road Baptist Church.  We are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Canada.  From its small beginnings the church has grown over the years.  Major expansion took place during the 1970s, when we moved to Lansdowne.  Early in the 1980s a property on Ellerslie Road was purchased with a view to further expansion.  The present facility of 55,000 square feet was built in 1993.  The sanctuary seats 1000, with excellent acoustics, a large platform area, natural lighting and good sight lines.  There is a nursery wing, office area, classrooms on both levels, a gymnasium and kitchen facilities.